Pakistan is home to a versatile and potent wildlife, which sadly, is running low on numbers. Endangered species all over the world get special attention and security – whilst the Pakistani animals strive to survive in these challenging conditions.
Just like we protect our fellow humans and our culture in this country, we need to have a solid and potent way of saving these endangered species before they are wiped off the face of Pakistan. Solid steps need to be taken to save these beautiful animals before they become extinct.
Here’s a list of the most beautiful and endangered animals of Pakistan.
1. Balochistan Forest Dormouse – found near Ziarat, Balochistan
2. Himalayan Mountain Weasel – found in the Himalayas
3. Asian Black Bear – found across the foothills of Himalayas
4. Black Finless Porpoise – found in the coastal belts of Indo-Pak borders
5. Snow Leopard – found in the Karakoram Range and Himalayas
6. Indus Dolphin – found in the Indus River, Sindh
7. Houbara Bustard (Taloor) – found in parts of Sindh and Balochistan
8. Fishing Cat – found in Hunza and Kashmir
9. Goitered Gazelle – found in the Chinkara Desert
10. Himalayan Goral – found in the lush plains of the Himalayas
11. Himalayan Musk Deer – found in the Himalayan Ranges
12. European Otter – found in rivers and streams of North Pakistan
13. Chinese White Dolphin – found in the rivers of the Karakoram Range
14. Markhor – the national animal of Pakistan, found in North Pakistan and Balochistan
Don’t these beautiful animals deserve to stay free in Pakistan? Let’s unite and save them together.